Sunday, June 15, 2008

Placing at the Del Mar Fair



A classmate of mine went down to the fair today and viewed our images that we submitted. She informed me that both of my images placed, one first place and one third place. Every entry get a place between first and fourth place. I submitted both of my images from Donna's Intermediate Black and White class, one from the Macro Assignment and the other from my Story Telling Assignment. The macro shot (print size: 11x14, mounted on a 16x20 board) placed first. The image is a close-up shot of a peacock feather. The other image was part of the Mexico series, an environmental portrait of a woman named Esperanza and her three year old daughter Maella. The print itself is a little larger than a 5x7 and is also mounted on a 16x20 board. This image was awarded third place. I am very excited to go down to the fair and see them hanging on the walls. :)

No comments: